The SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card can function as an optional campus pre-paid debit card, allowing cardholders to make purchases at a variety of locations on and around Southern's campus. Depositing funds into a Hoot Loot account is simple:
Use our secure online form to process your Hoot Loot deposit using Discover, MasterCard or Visa credit card or an electronic check. There are no transaction fees for Hoot Loot deposits.
Students can transfer excess financial aid (grants, loans & scholarships) to their Hoot Loot account. Requests are subject to financial aid availability and loan rules and regulations.
Cash deposits are accepted at Card Value Centers (CVC), which function like a reverse ATM and are located around campus:
- Buley Library - Next to the Circulation Desk
- Jennings Hall - Outside of Computer Lab (JE 130)
- Schwartz Hall - Main Lobby
- Student Center - Across for the SCSU Bookstore
- Wintergreen Building - Across from the University Card Office
- University Police Station (Open 24 Hours) - Waiting Area
Simply deposit cash in the amount of funds you want added to your card. $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills accepted in all CVCs, $50 and $100 bills accepted in the Student Center and University Police CVCs.
Student Accounts Office
You may deposit funds onto a Hoot Loot account in-person at the Student Accounts Office with cash, check or debit card.
Mail (Check or Money Order)
- Make Check/Money Order Payable to SCSU
- Include cardholder ID number and "Hoot Loot" in the check memo
- Mail to: University Card Office, SCSU, 501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 06515.
NOTICE: FUNDS DEPOSITED INTO HOOT LOOT ACCOUNTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR CASH WITHDRAWAL AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE HOOT LOOT TERMS OF AGREEMENT. Hoot Loot can not be used to pay tuition, registration/course fees and/or housing charges.