SCSU U-PassU-Pass at Southern

The U-Pass is a special transportation pass for Southern students that is valid for unlimited trips during the semester on all CTTRANSIT local buses. The U-Pass gives you transportation freedom with no out-of-pocket expense.

Who is eligible for the U-Pass?

All actively enrolled matriculated students are eligible to receive a complimentary U-Pass after payment of tuition or other approved financial arrangements have been completed. Passes are distributed on a first-come first-serve basis; quantities are limited. A valid SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card is also required.

Where can I get my U-Pass?

Eligible students can pick up their U-Pass in-person from the University Card Office, located in the Wintergreen Building, during business hours. There is no charge for the U-Pass. If a student's U-Pass is lost or stolen, ONE replacement pass may be issued, and may be subject to a replacement fee. Students must present a valid SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card to receive their U-Pass.

There are a limited number of U-Passes available for summer sessions.

U-PassHow does the U-Pass work?

When boarding the bus, show the driver your SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card and insert the pass, with the arrow on the front pointing forward, into the pass reading machine on the farebox. The farebox will “beep” to indicate your pass has been accepted. You're ready to ride. A block before your stop, pull the signal cord to notify the driver you want to exit the bus.

Where can I go with my U-Pass?

Ride the bus to class, to the malls or out on the town. Getting around New Haven has never been easier! CTTRANSIT operates every day; morning, noon and night, rain or shine to get you where you need to go.

How long is my U-Pass valid for?

Each U-Pass is valid for one semester. Passes issued for the Fall 2016 semester, will only be valid for that semester (August 22nd - December 18th). At the start of each semester, eligible students can get a new U-Pass for the current semester. New passes will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis; quantities are limited.

Where can I get bus route or schedule information?

CTTRANSIT Customer Service can assist you with bus route and schedule information. Visit or contact a representative at 203-624-0151. Students with special communications needs can call TTY 785-8930.

What should I do if my U-Pass is lost?

Report lost or stolen passes to the University Card Office at 203-392-7077 or e-mail

Replacement passes may be available; however a replacement fee may be assessed. Only one replacement pass may be issued per semester. Replacement passes are subject to availability. Old passes cannot be reactivated.