If you have a question not answered here, please contact the card office

What are the card office hours?

The Card Office is open Monday through Friday form 8am until 4:30pm. You can also reach the office by phone at 203-392-7077, or by E-mail at:

What is the Hoot Loot ID card?

The SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card is your primary university identification card, mandatory for all students, staff and faculty. In addition, the SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card provides access to residence halls, meal plans, computer labs, and also functions as your library card. The card also contains your unique eight-digit identification number.

Why do I need one?

Your Hoot Loot card is your official SCSU ID card. It can also be used all over campus for activities such as:

  • Access to Connecticut Hall for meals
  • Food and drink purchases in the student center, dunkin donuts, and the owl perch in the library
  • Buy drinks or snacks from vending machines
  • Access computer labs and print documents in the labs
  • Use library resources
  • Access residence halls (for residents)
  • Do laundry in the residence halls

How do I get my Hoot Loot ID card?

To get your SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card, simply visit the University Card Office (located in the Wintergreen Building). You will need a photo ID and proof of current enrollment (for students) or proof of employment (a letter from your on-campus supervisor for employees). Hats and sunglasses are prohibited in the photo IDs.

What should I do if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?

If your card is damaged simply bring the damaged card to the University Card Office to receive a replacement card (a replacement fee may be assessed).

If your card is lost or stolen, you must report the card lost/stolen by calling the University Card Office during regular business hours. After hours report lost/stolen cards to the SCSU Police at 203-392-7375. By reporting your card lost/stolen a hold will be placed on your card's account to prevent misuse of the card.

How much does it cost to replace an ID card?

A $10 replacement fee is assessed for the first lost replacement card. Any replacement cards thereafter will be assessed a $20 replacement fee.

Can I re-activate an old card?

No. Once a card is replaced with a new one, the old card is invalid and cannot be used or reactivated anymore.

How do I add funds to my Hoot Loot card?

Please see the Deposit Funds page for information on adding money to your Hoot Loot card.

Can a parent or other family member add money to my card?

Yes! Head over to the Deposit Funds page. They will need to know your full first and last names as well as your ID number.

What is Food Loot?

Food Loot is a declining balance tender for students living on campus in residence halls. All resident meal plans include some amount of Food Loot. Food Loot may only be used at Sodexo dining and retail locations on campus, including Connecticut Dining Hall, Michael J. Adanti Student Center Food Court, Bagel Wagon, Davis Hall, North Campus Marketplace and the Owl Perch in Buley Library. Remaining food Loot will roll over from the Fall to the Spring semester if unused. All food Loot will expire at the end of the academic term.

Can I withdraw Hoot Loot funds as cash?

No. Hoot Loot funds can not be withdrawn as cash.

How do I request a refund?

After graduation or separation from the university, you can request a refund of any remaining Hoot Loot funds. Hoot Loot refunds will be applied to your Student Account, and the Student Accounts office will issue an electronic transfer or check based on what is on file in your account. Please check the Terms of Agreement for details, but note:

  • If you have any outstanding charges with the University your refund will be applied to those charges first.
  • All refunds are issued by electronic transfer, or check mailed to your home address.
  • Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for all refunds.
  • There are no exceptions to this policy

If you are ready to request a refund, Please click here for the Hoot Loot Account Refund form.

How can I check my account balance?

Login using your university username and password, then click on your name on the top right, and select "My Hootloot Card".

What is my PIN?

Students, staff and faculty use their SCSU Hoot Loot ID Card as an access card to gain entry to residence halls or other buildings on campus. Your PIN to access buildings by default is your birth date in MMDD format.

  • For Example, if your birthday is July 21, 1955 your PIN would be 0721.
  • If your birthday is January 8, 1960 your PIN would be 0108.

I have another question.

For any questions not answered here, please contact the University Card Office.